Level 1 Food Safety (Catering)
Food Handlers and their employers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety. These obligations are set out by a number of EU and UK Laws.
These Laws state that food handlers must make sure that food which is prepared, cooked, served or sold, is safe for human consumption.
Failing to follow food safety standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences.
Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to give them greater awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risks actually arise and how to control and prevent them.
Who should take the course?
The Level 1 Awards in Food Safety provide an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
• New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge
• Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A)
• Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff
• Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff
Key Training Points
Try before you purchase, free trials allowing you to complete the first module of each course to see if it was what you are looking for.
CPD & RoSPA Approved
Video learning with full audio voice over
Approximate 50 minute duration dependant on learner progress.
Course can be accessed anywhere even on mobile devices, no time limits, pick up where you left off with full certification upon successful completion of the assessment.
Module 1 - Food Safety Legislation
Module 2 - Hazards from Delivery to Service
Module 3 - Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)
Module 4 - Pests, Premises and People
£15 + VAT
Upon successful completion of the course & assessment you will be able to download your signed certificate that can be used to validate your training & providing proof of training.
Each course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service providing a number of CPD points per course which can be seen within the course descriptions.
This course is also approved by RoSPA further showing the high quality of the course content provided.
If you are a business looking to train your workforce, we offer a number of solutions in relation to ordering multiple licences for your business.
1) Standard accounts where you pay for the number of individual licences you need.
2) Subscription accounts where a monthly fee is agreed over 12 months based on the number of users that require training.
3) We can also provided licences on an invoice basis with a valid purchase order number.